NEW MEMBERS WELCOME
Even in lockdown the Rotary Club of Bournemouth North is reaching out to our community providing support where we can, helping many organisations such as The Dorset Children’s Foundation, Bournemouth Women’s Refuge, Young Parents Groups, The local Foodbank, Homestart, The Salvation Army, Bournemouth Hospital Charity and many many others.
Many of us now have time on our hands unable to do the things we normally do so what better time to make new friends and help your local community at the same time.
At the moment our meetings are conducted on Zoom where we take care of the clubs business and also have a succession of interesting speakers from all over the country.
If you feel you would like to help please contact us through our Contacts Page (link below) to find out more about the amazing work that Rotary does both locally and around the world.
There has never been a better time to make a difference.
What is Rotary?
Rotary is an international service club with 1.2 million members in over 200 countries.
Rotary is about helping communities, both local and internationally through our network of clubs.
It is a non-religious and non-political organisation comprised of both men and women.
There are 77 clubs in our area, Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, and they do some fantastic work each year. We raise approximately £2.2 million each year and spend around 100,000 hours helping the less fortunate in our communities, true to our motto – ‘Service Above Self’.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Making a difference in the local community
- Making new friends and enjoying our many social activities
- Developing your leadership and organisational skills and helping others develop theirs
- Assisting with worldwide humanitarian aid
- Having fun whilst helping others
- Giving back a little to help others not so fortunate as ourselves
- Getting involved in the club’s activities as much or as little as time allows
How you can support us?
- By joining Rotary – More Info
- By supporting our events – More Info
- By being a Business Partner – More Info
We meet on the second, third and fourth Tuesday of the month, 6.30 p.m. for 7.00 p.m at the West Hants Tennis Club.